Customer Service is the provision of service to customers via a series of activities designed to enhance the level of customer satisfaction.
Customer Service Challenges
- The aim is to optimise the scheduling and dispatching of tasks to balance productivity and service levels
- Allocating people to crews that possess flexibility to do many different tasks
- Geographical dispatching is key
- Emphasis is on service vs productivity
- Demand is highly unpredictable
- Tasks can be planned or reactive e.g. the installation of phone services or the repair of phone lines.
- Scheduling staff to meet increased or highly variable demand.
- Dealing with seasonal and peak-time fluctuations in demand.
- Allocating skills into flexible crews
- Reduce queueing times
- Optimise staffing levels
- Identify any benefits of additional staff/equipment
- Will it provide service level required?
- Can the system deal with spikes in demand?
- Staff Schedules
- Staffing Levels
- Skills Matching
- Service Levels
- Queue Handling
- Call Centres